DNA-R1B1C7-L Archives

Archiver > DNA-R1B1C7 > 2011-12 > 1324796451

From: "Sandy Paterson" <>
Subject: Re: [R-M222] Ulster
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2011 07:00:51 -0000

They did exactly that.

UN26 is annotated as R1a
UN29 is annotated as IxI1b2
The rest are annotated as R1b3xR1bf

But I agree with you that only about 60% were M222+. DYS392 is the
give-away.

A smaller sample size results in a wider confidence interval, but it doesn't
introduce a bias. Including non M222+ introduces a huge bias (upward) and
because of the greater apparent diversity, causes a wider confidence
interval too. It's like being hit by a car into the path of an oncoming
train.

Sandy