DNA-R1B1C7-L Archives

Archiver > DNA-R1B1C7 > 2011-09 > 1316611729

From: Iain Kennedy <>
Subject: Re: [R-M222] Family Tree DNA - Clan Donnachaidh DNA Project Website
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 13:28:49 +0000

I'm not sure what you mean by 'other large projects' but it would be interesting to have a comparison of the M222% for Stewart, Robertson and McGregor as all three have peak density in Perthshire (even if their true origins were elsewhere). The Kennedys from highland Perthshire I have tested (including myself) are a mixture but the M222 ones probably entered over the border from Lochaber.
You are right that we may never solve the general problem of how everyone of a particular surname came to acquire it, but unearthing 'background' haplotypes for areas is a start.

Iain

http://www.kennedydna.com