DNA-R1B1C7-L Archives

Archiver > DNA-R1B1C7 > 2011-09 > 1315840677

From: Paul Conroy <>
Subject: Re: [R-M222] Laud 610
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 11:17:57 -0400

That's interesting:

> 36. Three sons of Búan mac Lóegaire Birn, from whom are [descended] the
> Osraige; i.e. Ailill, Óengus [and] Fíacc, who first planted house-posts
> in Tara.

Again, Osraige (aka Ossary) is Western Laois and Northern Kilkenny and parts
of North East Tipperary - the area my family has lived in since
time immemorial. It borders on the territory known as "Ely O'Carroll", which
I presume is the same as "Éle" mentioned above.

Ossary contains a lot of M222+, such as Dunn(e) and Daltons.

Cheers,
Paul