DNA-R1B1C7-L Archives

Archiver > DNA-R1B1C7 > 2011-08 > 1313787115

From: Bernard Morgan <>
Subject: Re: [R-M222] just to throw in another legend
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 20:51:55 +0000

> I believe in the entire Nial saga ignored migrations aspect completely.
> Someone had an emotional need to link the heroes, lore and legend. That
> is my personal opinion, and I'll admit that I am no geneticist, either;
> so that remark simply is an opinion, I will acquiesce to being ill
> informed if anyone can conclusively prove me wrong.

Surely migration is an aspect, however I think reference to the Nial Saga (name of an actual Norse saga) ignores the written tradition of Ireland that began in the 5th century. In Ireland we are dealing with the third oldest written history in Europe. Hence the movement of the people of claim descent from Neill is well document and publish in numerous academic works, such as Prof. Brynes "Irish Kings and High kings". Writers like Beresford point out the vast majority of Irish manuscripts remain un-translated and it seem un-transcribed.

This thread: