DNA-R1B1C7-L Archives

Archiver > DNA-R1B1C7 > 2011-08 > 1313099484

From: tuulen <>
Subject: Re: [R-M222] Milligans, Johnsons, Jordans, McCamish
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 17:51:24 -0400

Linda,

Thank you, I enjoyed reading your report, and I can only guess as to how
much time and effort you have invested in getting that far with it, as I am
now beginning to appreciate.

I am a Morrison whose family traces back to the late 18th century in County
Armagh, but until recently I had simply assumed that my family had
originated somewhere in Scotland. After all, Morrison is a Scottish name,
right? But no! My DNA evidence now clearly points to Ireland, and I have
discovered an ancient Irish Morrison family, too, complete with many
different name spellings, although I have not been able to find any
connection between my name and the historical name. Too bad that names do
not have DNA!

Doug