DNA-R1B1C7-L Archives

Archiver > DNA-R1B1C7 > 2011-07 > 1311375722

Subject: Re: [R-M222] Griers, Millikins, McAdams, Ewings.
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 19:02:02 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 7/22/2011 10:49:19 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
writes:

John,

I am in the process of putting together a chart of my MacAdams right now
and hope to finish it before going on vacation in mid-August. I don't
know if that will be of any help in adding flesh to the bones though. I
only have their history from 1790 on, with smatterings from earlier
times in the Highlands, which may or may not be true, plus the
aforementioned deep ancestry connections to the Lowland McAdams and the
others.

I suspect there isn't a lot we can say about most of those surnames without
diving into complete speculation, but I recall posts linking the
Griers/Griersons to the Millikins and McAdams via DNA. I saw others by Alan
Millikin talking about McCords as well. I don't recall if the Cowans came up in
the same conversation or not. I probably should leave them out of the group.

John

This thread: