DNA-R1B1C7-L Archives

Archiver > DNA-R1B1C7 > 2011-07 > 1311212338

Subject: Re: [R-M222] New Tactics
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 01:38:58 +0000 (UTC)

Allene,

I've wondered the same thing as well. I do have a 62/67 match with a Scottish MacLean.

I'm listed in the "Niall" section of the MacLean group under Daniel Lane 1725. My close  match is right above me under Donald MacLean 1809. Any thoughts on these results? Should I start maybe looking harder at the MacLean line? Why would have the "Mac" been dropped on such a prominate Scottish surname?

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/clanmaclean/default.aspx?section=yresults

Chris Lane