DNA-R1B1C7-L Archives

Archiver > DNA-R1B1C7 > 2011-07 > 1311082835

From: Bernard Morgan <>
Subject: Re: [R-M222] New Tactics
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 13:40:35 +0000

Scottish Morrisons in the area of southern Inner Hebrides are Irish O'Muirgheasain, who were famed bards to the Hebridean lords (MacLeod & MacLean).
See "O'Muirgheasain Bardic Family" in Notes &' Queries of the Society of West Highland and Island Historical Research, vi (1978), 3-7.

ps. Rogellus Obrolchan was secretary to Alexander Lord of the Isles in 1426.

(My opinion is Scottish history became Anglo-centric and the Irish sort only pure Irishness, so we left to rediscover the past world of western seas.)

This thread: