DNA-R1B1C7-L Archives

Archiver > DNA-R1B1C7 > 2011-07 > 1311051929

From: tuulen <>
Subject: Re: [R-M222] New Tactics
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 01:05:29 -0400

John,

As could be obvious by my earlier ignorance in regard to Irish Morrisons,
I know little of Irish history, but let me balance that by admitting that I
know
little of Scottish history, too. And only now am I beginning to explore
them.

To make that just a bit easier, apparently surnames are not much more
than a thousand years old, and relatively few names are older than that.

I do have an interest in languages, although I know nothing of Irish, but
seeing as my genetic lineage begins in northern Ulster, and seeing as
Co. Donegal is home to one of Ireland's gaeltacht regions, I could have
honest reason to study Irish, and maybe even learn some of it.

Doug