DNA-R1B1C7-L Archives

Archiver > DNA-R1B1C7 > 2011-05 > 1304375208

From: Stephen Forrest <>
Subject: Re: [R-M222] Bill Howard
Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 18:26:48 -0400

HI Bill,

Thanks for all the hard work! I skimmed your original and very interesting
RCC paper some months ago when you posted a link to it on the Hamilton
genealogy list.

I had a few questions about the approach then which I didn't get around to
answering and will have to recall. The most significant however was that it
wasn't clear to me from the paper why there should be a linear relationship
between RCC and TMRCA. I recall that in the original paper you demonstrated
calibrating RCC within known Hamilton clades in Group A and B, but all that
data would be from within the last 600 years. It seems to me that inferring
relationships between groups over comparatively long time scales depends
heavily on that linearity at those time scales. Can you elaborate on the
evidence for this?

regards,

Steve