DNA-R1B1C7-L Archives

Archiver > DNA-R1B1C7 > 2011-04 > 1304209204

Subject: Re: [R-M222] M222 Chart
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 20:20:04 EDT

In a message dated 4/30/2011 7:03:40 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
writes:

Are those vertical lines and numbers for generations?

The numbers you see are what Bill calls RCC - 1 RCC = 43.3 years. So 20
RCC = 866 years or about 1079 AD. He does not use the present date as a
reference point (2011 AD). I think he uses 1945, an average of when most
testees were born. The RCC numbers were originally just on the horizontal
scale at the bottom. I added them manually elsewhere to make it easier to
read. The dotted vertical lines just follow the scale on the bottom. As Bill
notes 20 RCC is about the time surnames were adopted in Ireland.

The reason why I attempted to use a graphics file was it's easy to change
colors in graphics programs and impossible to do so with a pdf file.
Anyone who wishes can do the same. You can change the color of the lines or
highlight surnames any way you want to. Most graphics program have a color
replacer function which makes it easy (if tedious) to do.

I had no luck with the more common jpg format. It degraded the text so
much it was too muddy to read. tif and bmp files are lossless technology and
did not lose as much resolution.

John

This thread: