DNA-R1B1C7-L Archives

Archiver > DNA-R1B1C7 > 2011-04 > 1302558842

From: Allene Goforth <>
Subject: Re: [R-M222] New M222 Philogenetic Tree
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 14:54:02 -0700

I'm not sure which legend you refer to here, but there's one that was
associated with the five M222 MacAdam lines in the tree (the ones I've
been researching). That legend was about Eamann/Edmund O'Brien, a
gallowglass in the Battle of Bloody Bay. In my lines, Edmund and Adam
have been interchangeable when translating from Gaelic into English. I
have no idea of the truth of that legend.

There are eight MacAdam individuals matching all five MacAdam lines at
either 12/12 or 11/12 level (off the top of my head). Most of them are
Americans, I suspect, because of the "s" added to McAdam. Someone
(Gilbert?) from the Lowland line emigrated to America a long time ago,
so I suspect these matches come from him, but I haven't had any time to
do much research on them.