DNA-R1B1C7-L Archives

Archiver > DNA-R1B1C7 > 2011-03 > 1300566053

From: Iain Kennedy <>
Subject: Re: [R-M222] The Scots : A Genetic Journet
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 20:20:53 +0000

MacDowne's name can be seen in this transcription in the NAS catalogue:

RH1/2/87

Title
Transcripts
of Charters relating to lands of Craignish and others in Argyll, with
notes on the genealogical information contained in them.

Dates
1315-1448
7. [1369], Mar 15,
Perth: Charter of confirmation by King David II to Gillespie Campbell
of all grants of the lands of Craignish, Melfort, Strachur and others
in Argyll, together with all rights enjoyed by his ancestor Duncan MacDowne
in the Barony of Lochawe and his other lands. The original of this
charter is printed in Bruce Webster, ed., 'Regesta Regum Scottorum VI:
The Acts of David II, King of Scots, 1329-1371', pp. 454-5 (Edinburgh,
1982).

Iain