DNA-R1B1C7-L Archives

Archiver > DNA-R1B1C7 > 2011-03 > 1300557151

From: "Sandy Paterson" <>
Subject: Re: [R-M222] The Scots : A Genetic Journet
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 17:52:31 -0000

The way I see the maps, the only lowland area that shows a significant
amount of M222 is the Galloway area, which is on the West, on the English
border. The rest of the lowlands show little. Most of it seems to be in the
Highlands or the Western Isles. Galloway wouldn't have been part of Dal
Riada. Neither would the Highlands right up at the top (Caithness), nor the
two other Highlands areas around Aberdeenshire and Perthshire, although
Perthshire seems to border on Argyllshire.

Sandy