DNA-R1B1C7-L Archives

Archiver > DNA-R1B1C7 > 2010-09 > 1285330582

From: "Sandy Paterson" <>
Subject: Re: [R-M222] Ewings Incognito
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 13:16:22 +0100

Hi Steve

Let's consider that. Suppose two families (A & B) are related with a TMRCA
of T. Family B splits into 2 branches (B1 and B2). I think what you are
suggesting is that Family A (or a branch thereof) and Family B1 can mutate
towards each other while family B2 mutates away from B1 to the point that
B1 now appears closer to A than to B2?

I'd say yes, that is definitely possible, and may well be what's happened
here.

Proving it is another matter though.

Sandy