DNA-R1B1C7-L Archives

Archiver > DNA-R1B1C7 > 2010-09 > 1285144657

Subject: [R-M222] FTDNA Home Page
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 08:37:37 +0000 (UTC)

As administrator, I take it on myself to adjust the "compare to all" setting on the members' home pages, and so far no one has objected. However, there is nothing an admin can do about the privacy issue except urge the member to sign and submit the form. I had one new member refuse, so I dropped him from the project, after arguing (unsuccessfully) that genealogy is a joint endeavor in which we help each other.
FTDNA's algorithms are not always accurate. Five of us Burns M222 with Sligo roots are 425 negative, and FTDNA continues to count this as a mutation of 12, rather that the one it should be, so the only one who shows up on my Matches page at 67 markers is my own cousin who lives in Sligo. I have been protesting this to FTDNA for years without success. Ysearch, however, correctly interprets it as one.
Paul

This thread: