DNA-R1B1C7-L Archives

Archiver > DNA-R1B1C7 > 2010-08 > 1281232017

From: John Mclaughlin <>
Subject: Re: [R-M222] Ok what does all of this mean?
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2010 20:46:57 -0500

On 8/7/2010 7:29 PM, J David Grierson wrote:
> John,
> I think the eye was a bit faster than the hand in your lengthy reply.
> Ref the M222 modal, you wrote

Right you are, David. The old eyes aren't what they used to be and
glasses don't help that much until I get another cataract out. We even
have a few samples missing at 392 = 14 which is nearly universal in M222.

I forgot to mention that a lot of experts think the group modal
represents the haplotype of the founder or common ancestor. Or at least
as close as one can get.

John

This thread: