DNA-R1B1C7-L Archives

Archiver > DNA-R1B1C7 > 2010-08 > 1281119993

From: "Allene Goforth" <>
Subject: [R-M222] Ok what does all of this mean?
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 11:39:53 -0700

Hi Faith,

No, you are not alone. It takes time and lots of research and reading before
you can begin to fully absorb all this information.

Go to FTDNA's home page (www.familytreedna.com). You will see in the sidebar
to your right "Genetic Genealogy Tutorials" and "FTDNA Community." There's
helpful information in there:

http://www.isogg.org/newbiemenu.htm

The above link is about the DNA Newbie mailing list. Note that you have to
join the International Society of Genetic Genealogists (ISOGG) to
participate in the Newbie mailing list, but it is free and the link is
provided.

I was never part of the Newbie list. Instead, I threw myself head first into
the Genealogy-DNA mailing list. Some of that list is still over my head, but
more and more of it is starting to make sense. You can browse and search the
archives here:

http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/index/GENEALOGY-DNA

If you want to join the list, here are the options:
http://lists.rootsweb.ancestry.com/index/other/DNA/GENEALOGY-DNA.html

There's also a link to John's M222 site at the bottom of each message on the
mailing list we are on right now. Lots of goodies there too.

You can ask questions here too. Just hang in there and do your homework.
Genetic genealogy is just like any other technical field. It takes time and
patience to master it.
Allene

This thread: