DNA-R1B1C7-L Archives

Archiver > DNA-R1B1C7 > 2010-08 > 1280779650

From: "Sandy Paterson" <>
Subject: Re: [R-M222] Lamont [was How long has M222 been in Scotland?]
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 21:07:30 +0100

Go to

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~geneticgenealogy/Pframe7.h
tm

Scroll down to Lamont and have a look.

Or, go to

http://www.lamont-young.com/lamont/Lresults.php

and have a look there.

But suppose for a moment that there is for some reason a 3rd Lamont site
that I am unaware of and which has 9 R1a haplotypes. Or maybe you are so
familiar with R1a that you can recognise errors in classification that I am
unable to recognise. How does 9 make a majority out of 61?

You say we've compared this data before. I do recall you once posting that
R1a constituted a majority of Lamont haplotypes. I assumed you made a typo
error so I didn't bother commenting. However, when you repeated that
yesterday I thought it appropriate to point out that you are simply wrong.

So I ask you with complete sincerity. Please explain how you make R1a out to
be the majority of Lamont haplotypes?

Sandy