DNA-R1B1C7-L Archives

Archiver > DNA-R1B1C7 > 2009-11 > 1258719931

From: Paul Conroy <>
Subject: Re: [R-M222] Changing Religions
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 07:25:31 -0500

Paul,

Very true!

Some of my maternal ancesters were descendants of Cromwellian
soldiers. Some married into Catholic families and became Catholic,
some are still Protestant.

Curiously, one of my grand-uncles, a descendant of Cromwellian
soldiers who had ravaged the country about 5 or 6 generations before,
is credited with firing the first shot in the Irish War of
Independance.

A nice example of assimilation at work.

Cheers,
Paul