DNA-R1B1C7-L Archives

Archiver > DNA-R1B1C7 > 2009-11 > 1258231628

Subject: Re: [R-M222] Joining the M222 Project
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 15:47:08 EST

In a message dated 11/14/2009 10:47:55 A.M. Central Standard Time,
writes:

> The Dooley link doesn't work so I can't check that out.

Here is the corrected Dooley link, it is group C I am wondering about.

http://webspace.webring.com/people/nd/dooleycousin/DooleyDNA.htm

I don't know about the Dooleys. O'Donovan has this to say in the Topo
Poems.

25. Feara-Tulach, i.e., Viri collium, now the barony of Fartullagh, in the
south-east of the county of Westmeath. The family of O'Dubhlaidh, now
Dooley, were driven from this territory by the Irish family of O'Melaghlin,
before the English invasion of ireland, and they settled in Ely O'Carroll, in
the present King's county, where they are at this day very numerous. See
Annals of Four Masters, at the years 978, 1021, 1144, 1367. The English
family of Tyrell obtained possession of Fartullagh soon after the ] English
invasion.

They have a Lagin pedigree and there are a group of them who match the
Leinster modal.

Those Dooleys in Group C do look like they could be M222.

John

This thread: