DNA-R1B1C7-L Archives

Archiver > DNA-R1B1C7 > 2009-11 > 1258223713

From: Sharon Fontenot <>
Subject: Re: [R-M222] Joining the M222 Project
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 12:35:13 -0600

I think my experience in going through my uncle’s matches (McCombs, kit#
161531, Y-Search A7EW6) are probably common for men in R-M222, they have a
phone directory look to them. As of now he has 11 25/25 matches with only
one surname repeated.

Many of the names he has multiple matches with are well represented in the
R-M222 Haplogroup Project, but others aren’t – McKee and Duncan come to
mind. At the time I scanned through the names on the project results page,
I found one McKee and two Duncans.

In the McKee Project (
http://www.familytreedna.com/public/McKee%20Group/default.aspx?section=yresults),
the results for the 3rd Group, McKee-NC-Penn, most resemble the McCombs
results, but others are there, too, including 3 who are tested R1b1b2a1b5b.

There are many more Duncans than that (
http://www.familytreedna.com/public/ClanDonnachaidh/default.aspx?section=yresults
). Duncan Group E is where I found my uncle’s 37/37, 66/67 match – kit
17484, but Duncan Group B is large and even the 5 haplotypes that are listed
only as R1b1b2, look like they belong here to my untrained eye. There
are several more below in the associated clan names, at least 4 who have
tested R1b1b2a1b5b.