DNA-R1B1C7-L Archives

Archiver > DNA-R1B1C7 > 2009-11 > 1257212413

From: Lawrence Dill <>
Subject: Re: [R-M222] Dills of Inishowen
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 17:40:13 -0800 (PST)

There was as John Dill who was recorded on the Hearth Money Roll of 1665 in the pecinct of Fanad in County Donegal.  The precinct of Fanad is the eastern half of the Kilmacrenan Barony.  It was obvious from what I had posted at ysearch that I believed the Dill originally came from Scotland.  Bernard Morgan asked if there was evidence that John Dill came from Scotland.  I decided that the information I had at ysearch was too opinionated.  I am not aware of any documentation of the Dill living in Scotland before they lived in Ireland.  I am aware that the area where John Dill lived was mostly Irish but it was not completely Irish.  I plan to do more genealogy work.  I can probably look where earlier Dill researches have not looked but I do not know if I will find any documentation of the Dill living in Scotland.  I have changed the information that I have posted at ysearch.  I appreciate the question from Bernard Morgan and other information
form the discussion list.  I have attempted before to post a similar message to this discussion list but it was not very successful.

This thread: