DNA-R1B1C7-L Archives

Archiver > DNA-R1B1C7 > 2008-04 > 1209350143

From: Bernard Morgan <>
Subject: Re: [DNA-R1B1C7] Crinan abbot of Dunkeld question
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 02:35:43 +0000

The kings of the Scoti or even the Scoti themselves are said to be Dalraidains from Ireland; circa 5th century.

They where divided into three kindreds (cenel): Gabrain who the MacAlpin kings of early medieval Scoti'land claim to descend from; another was Cenel Lorn said to have travelled up the Great Glenn became Kings of Moray (MacBeth, etc..) and the other was Cenel Aenghus who didn't go anywhere.

Duncan son of Crinan would represent a break in the MacAlpin line; if Crinan the lay abbot of Dunkeld was an Ui Neill member of the Coarb Colmcille. Being that the descendants of Colmcille area said to have continued to own Iona church lands and that of its daughter houses such as Dunkeld and Kells; hence Crinan's supposed connection with the Ui Neill (this is off memory...).

R1b1c9 would be from what I have follow on this list a seperate branch long long time seperated from R1b1c7 families; who's pedigrees have allowed the identification of the R1b1c7 Halpogroup with Niall of the nine hostages.

I'm waiting to see if the East Ulster (non-Ui Neill) families turn out to be R1b1c9 for this would draw a line in the sand between population groups...

This may all be treason for I beleive this how the English royal family claim descent from Niall of the nine hostages through Crinan and the Stuart kings...?

> Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 20:58:17 -0400> From: > To: > Subject: Re: [DNA-R1B1C7] Crinan abbot of Dunkeld question> > Just what is "membership of the ruling Cen?I nGabr?in sept".......> > As for your question about East Ulster....there is a large section titled UK> & Ireland in the Results page of the R1b1c9 Project.> http://www.familytreedna.com/public/U106/index.aspx?fixed_columns=on>; > > > > -- > Debra Dunbar Nowell – Administrator - Dunbar Surname YDNA Project> > http://www.dunbardna.org/>; > -------------------------------> To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to with the word 'unsubscribe' without the quotes in the subject and the body of the message
Spell a grand slam in this game where word skill meets World Series. Get in the game.
http://club.live.com/word_slugger.aspx?icid=word_slugger_wlhm_admod_april08

This thread: