DNA-R1B1C7-L Archives

Archiver > DNA-R1B1C7 > 2007-11 > 1195596060

From: yair <>
Subject: Re: [DNA-R1B1C7] On Behalf of Something like ethnic specifics
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 00:01:00 +0200

At 05:25 PM 11/20/2007, you wrote:
>Yair Davidiy writes, "R1b1c7 members are probably of much less varied
>origins than most ethnic groups. The chances are that some characteristic
>attributes of statistical significance do exist."
>
>Remember, the Y-chromosome only passes down the paternal line. Your paternal
>grandfather has contributed only 25% of your genetic make up. Your 10th
>great grandfather in the paternal line has contributed only 0.024%.

OK but he has determined the maleness of whoever came after him.
He is a link in the chain of male descent.
I would like to know something about him or at least something about
others who descended from him.
Maybe there is something in common and maybe there is not.
Maybe I lack what there is in common or maybe I have it or maybe my
children do or it is there in potential.
This thing of percentages is deceptive.
Some of what my "ancestor" had passed over and some was lost.
Some of the traits that were passed over probably came in their entirety.
For example, he passed over his maleness and the male who received it
assumedly got the whole apparatus and not just
a percentage of it. The same applies to other traits some of which
may have been linked with the trait of "maleness" that was passed on
generation after generation in the male line.

> R1b1c7
>members do not constitute an "ethnic group." Indeed, genetic make up has
>practically nothing to do with ethnicity, which is mainly a cultural and
>linguistic phenomenon.

I disagree but that does not matter.
Most studies disagree.
There is an inherited component which may account for 80% of all
discernible differences
or only 10% but it does account for some.

> Furthermore, the working genes on the Y-chromosome
>are almost exclusively involved with spermatogenesis, and have next to
>nothing to do with any observable physical features of the men who carry
>them--the only exception I know of being the "hairy ears gene."

Maybe, if you assume they are not accompanied by connected features elsewhere.

>Have a look at Chapter 9 of Human Evolutionary Genetics, by M.A. Jobling, et
>al, for a detailed discussion of the facts of human diversity and an
>explanation of how genetics has been misunderstood and misused in
>considerations of race and ethnicity.

R1b1c7 is associated with Niall and his family.
I am certain that you (assuming you are R1b1c7) somehow get an
irrational "kick"
to some degree out of this association even if it is mythical and uncertain.

For example,
according to what I read ca.20% of the males in Sligo are R1b1c7 and
more than 20% in that area have red hair
(?). Maybe a higher percentage of R1b1c7 in Sligo have red hair than others?
perhaps there is an association?
If so, it might still be a coincidence but who knows and the same
applies for other attributes.

>David Ewing

Brit-Am works on behalf of all Israelites meaning
"Joseph" i.e. the Lost Ten Tribes of Israel
as well as Judah (the Jews).
Brit-Am depends on offerings and purchases of Brit-Am Publications.
To contribute to Brit-Am send a check to the address below:

Brit-Am
POB 595
Jerusalem 91004
Israel

or by PayPal:
http://britam.org/contribute-Brit-Am.html

Publications offered by Brit-Am:
All prices include postage by air-mail.

"THE TRIBES. The Israelite Origins of Western Peoples" (3rd edition) Book is
a Classic, ca 592 pages including 48 maps and 44 illustrations.
Contains vital information in a highly readable text, $30.

Also AVAILABLE :
"Origin. You too are from Israel! You too are the People"
[A Summary of Most of the Major Biblical and Historical Research Until Now]
$20

"Biblical Truth. The Lost Ten Tribes in the West " $20
The Blessings of Genesis and Israelite Identity

"Joseph. The Israelite Destiny of America" $20
The unique Israelite features of the USA

"Role to Rule. The Task of Joseph"
http://www.britam.org/Role.html
$30

"Scandinavian Secrets. The Hebrew Code of the Runes"
http://www.britam.org/orjanbook.html
by Orjan Svensson
$25

OR a COMBINED OFFER (limited time period)
"Role to Rule. The Task of Joseph"
together with
"Scandinavian Secrets. The Hebrew Code of the Runes"
for $40

Magazine "Brit-Am Truth" usual price $15 one issue
4 issues $40
12 issues $80
20 issues for $120
The prices include postage by air-mail.
Send a personal check to the address below:

Yair Davidiy
POB 595
Jerusalem 91004
Israel

PayPal
http://www.britam.org/order.html

For a list of articles on the Brit-Am Web-Site
http://www.britam.org/ArticleIndex.html

http://www.britam.org

AND I WILL MAKE OF THEE A GREAT NATION, AND I WILL BLESS THEE, AND MAKE THY
NAME GREAT; AND THOU SHALT BE A BLESSING:

AND I WILL BLESS THEM THAT BLESS THEE, AND CURSE HIM THAT CURSETH
THEE: AND IN THEE SHALL ALL FAMILIES OF THE EARTH BE BLESSED [Genesis
12:2-3].

This thread: