DNA-R1B1C7-L Archives

Archiver > DNA-R1B1C7 > 2007-11 > 1195495151

From: "Marie Kerr" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA-R1B1C7] List activity, and possible rearch programs
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 13:29:29 -0500

I like your idea of the controlled surname study, and as one of the more
unusual names, mine would seem to be an interesting one. As I mentioned in a
previous email, the Golden name has been anglicized from the Gaelic Mac
Ualghairg. My family is from Killala Bay, County Mayo which borders Co.
Sligo. My father has been tested to the 67th level and we have records going
back at least 4 generations. His parents came to the US in 1912 and 1913.

My lack of scientific training, however...

Marie Golden Kerr