DNA-R1B1C7-L Archives

Archiver > DNA-R1B1C7 > 2007-11 > 1195454718

From: yair <>
Subject: [DNA-R1B1C7] Personal DNA: Yair
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 08:45:18 +0200

The DNA of my family is found on the URL below
http://www.britam.org/YairDNA.html

It is accompanied by maps of Ireland and Scotland showing
exact Genetical Distance matches and matches with Genetical Distances
of 1, 2, and 3
I made the maps according to results obtained from
<http://www.ysearch.org>http://www.ysearch.org
where the entry was for at least 19 markers.
The closest matches are in the Eire provinces to the south of Ulster.
The father of my grandfather was born in Pembrokeshire, Wales.
It is not known who his father was.

Most people interested in DNA and related matters have a general
interest in ancestry and history
etc as well as a private curiosity concerning their own origins.
The Y-chromosome thing may not say much, only that a small percentage
of our genetical make-up
may be traced back to such-and-such a source while disregarding all
the other people who made
a contribution along the way and helped us get to where we are, for
better or for worse.
Nevertheless, it does give us a link (or is supposed to) to a male
ancestor way back in the past
who "founded" the line to which we (at least hypothetically) belong.
This is important to all of us for reasons that are not entirely rational.

One of the reasons why I joined the list (and I assume it is the same
with others)
is to find out more concerning this ancestry and perhaps discover
whether or not
there is anything in common amongst those who share it beyond abstract numbers
on a graph sheet.

This thread: