DNA-R1B1C7-L Archives

Archiver > DNA-R1B1C7 > 2007-06 > 1182183601

From: JOHN PLUMMER <>
Subject: Re: [DNA-R1B1C7] DNA-R1B1C7 Digest, Vol 1, Issue 36
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 09:20:01 -0700 (PDT)

Oliver Cromwell's male line surname was Williams. The family adopted the surname Cromwell after the famous Thomas Cromwell, a maternal relative, Bartrum takes Williams alias Cromwell back through Bleddyn ap Cynfyn and Gwaithfoed of Powys to Casnar who lived around 500 AD, evidently in Wales or Western England. I think it is the same male line as a Talley family and a Price family, but not the Vortigern descended Price family. There is no Cromwell in ysearch, but of the 49 with the name Talley the closest is 26 of 67 genetic distance from R1b1c7 modal. So rest your fears about Cromwell.

John Plummer

wrote:

In a message dated 6/18/2007 3:14:14 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,