DNA-R1B1C7-L Archives

Archiver > DNA-R1B1C7 > 2007-06 > 1181034660

Subject: Re: [DNA-R1B1C7] DNA-R1B1C7 Digest, Vol 1, Issue 13
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 05:11:00 EDT

In a message dated 6/4/2007 9:18:39 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
writes:

It's hard to know how the SMGF search function could produce the results you
got. I don't recall a lab difference that shows up as a one-step difference
in measurement of DYS389i or 389ii, but other markers can be off by one (or
even more). You need to make sure you have the proper lab standard button
selected (presumably Family Tree DNA) to minimize possible nomenclature
conflicts. And were you asking for surname matches, exact marker matches, or
matches at a reduced percentage like 85 or 70? That could have an effect on
the display of results that you saw.

Thanks for the link David.
I entered ten values in Little search engine.
On the Y-search display , nine of the values are listed in line across top
of page.
The tenth value is displayed as 30, even though I typed in 31 at 389-ii

In addition, I see a dark blue at location 463 even though I entered
nothing in the search engine.

I suppose these issues will work themselves out----