DEVON-L Archives

Archiver > DEVON > 2011-05 > 1304552539

From: Teresa Goatham <>
Subject: Re: [DEV] DEVON Digest, Vol 6, Issue 125
Date: Thu, 05 May 2011 00:42:19 +0100

I am descended from South Hams Trants, and at one time thought that Sarah's mother, Elizabeth was probably an ancestor of mine. I therefore transcribed Elizabeth's will on a visit to the record
office. That was years ago - before the days of home computers - and my transcription is on paper somewhere, and not readily to hand, but I do know that Elizabeth (died 1822 in Frogmore) left Crispin
one shilling. I wonder if she blamed him in some way for Sarah's death.

Frogmore is a village without a church, and is split between 3 parishes, one of which is Sherford.
(Although my 4 xgt grandfather William Trant was born in Frogmore in 1778 i.e. the same time as Elizabeth and her family appear to have been there, any connection between the families seems to be some
way back - I have not yet managed to discover it)

Teresa
> Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 20:20:14 +0100
> From: "CHRIS GAULES"<>
> Subject: Re: [DEV] CRISPIN COLLINGS COLE
> To:<>
>
> Hi everyone, I am new to your list and on behalf of a friend am researching the name COLE.Please can anybody give information on the parents and any siblings of CRISPIN COLLINGS COLE who married firstly a SARAH TRENT 1812, then a ELEANOR HARRIS 1814,
> Any help will be much appreciated
>
> Chris Gaules

This thread: