DEVON-L Archives

Archiver > DEVON > 2011-05 > 1304452891

From: "liverpud" <>
Subject: [DEV] CRISPIN COLLINGS COLE
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 16:01:31 -0400

Found in Archives of ENG-DEVON-SOUTHAMS site;;;

Edna - Ottawa

--->>>>

From: RHolmes
Subject: Crispin Collins COLE
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 23:05:51 +0100

Greetings

Crispin Collin(g)s COLE of Cornworthy married Sarah TRANT, of Sherford,
on 11 August 1812 at Sherford by licence. I have not seen the licence.
Crispin and Sarah then moved to Littlehempston where Sarah died the
following year. On 28 July 1814 Crispin married Eleanor HARRIS at
Littlehempston, by licence. I have searched for this licence without success
but it is listed in Fursdon's Devon Marriage Licences 1812-27. Crispin died
on 19 January 1844, aged 61 and was buried at Littlehempston.

I have been searching for Crispin's baptism (c1783) for the past 20
years without success, and have only recently found his first marriage at
Sherford. If anyone has this gentleman in the records I would be most
grateful for details please.

A Joseph COLE of Frogmore, aged 83, was buried at Sherford on 9 August
1813 but I don't know if he was of the same family as Crispin. Is Frogmore
in Sherford parish?

Best wishes

Robin Holmes
High Wycombe, Bucks