DEVON-L Archives

Archiver > DEVON > 2010-12 > 1292211290

From: "Kathryn Barnett" <>
Subject: Re: [DEV] Elizabeth MUDGE
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 14:04:50 +1030

Back in from my errands!

We are closer to the answer.
You mentioned that Olivia gave her residence at the time of marriage as 24
Cambridge St Plymouth...
In the 1871 census, Esther MUDGE is enumerated at 26 Cambridge St and is the
widow of a Labourer.
Seems as though your problem might be solved.
The enumerated name of Eva in 1871 seems a valid, if unusual, contraction of
Olivia.

In 1861 William and Esther were at Drewsteignton.

In 1851 William and Esther were at Drewsteignton with
William 18; Harriet 9; Olivia 5.

In 1841 William and Esther were at Cheriton Bishop with
Elizabeth 15; Ann 14; William 8; John 6; James 3; Harriet 10 mths

Hope this helps,

Kathryn
Adelaide