DEVON-L Archives

Archiver > DEVON > 2010-11 > 1290068848

From: "barry.foale" <>
Subject: [DEV] Maker - John MOGG
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 08:27:28 -0000

If anyone is visiting the Devon Record Office I would appreciate a look up in the Maker Fiche for 30 Jan 1822, I have the DFHS marriage book which just lists the bride & groom. I am aware that the details given in registers at this time can vary considerably from Parish to Parish. The Marriage is between John MOGG and Elizabeth LAKE. This particular John MOGG has proved elusive, details of any kind from the actual register entry would be much appreciated. When he died 10 Jan 1850 he was reported to be 45. The 1841 census gives him as a Currier - unususally with an actual age of 38 rather than rounded.

Barry FOALE

FOA(L)L(E) One Name Study World wide

This thread: