DEVON-L Archives

Archiver > DEVON > 2010-11 > 1288916355

From: "Carol Battishill" <>
Subject: [DEV] 20 Morgans Buildings Exeter.
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 11:19:15 +1100

Good morning to the List,

I would like to thank the many people on the list who helped with advice on where to get information - Graham Parnell, Kate Burhouse, Diana Statt, Jane Langdon and Mary Hester.

A couple of years ago I found a long lost step-uncle who is living in Wonford and who was born at 20 Morgans Buildings. I telephoned him this morning and asked if this address was still there (he is now a spritely 91 and still goes into Exeter by bus) and told me that the house was slightly bomb damaged during the war, but was repaired and is now 24 Dryden Road.

I have logged on to Google (what would we do without Google) and was able to do a 'drive past' and get a photo of the house as it is today.

Again thank you all for your help.

Michael Battishill

This thread: