DEVON-L Archives

Archiver > DEVON > 2010-07 > 1278815513

From: carogene <>
Subject: [DEV] Tithe maps
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 14:31:53 +1200

Thanks to the wonderful volunteers who have digitised these maps, and the
information that goes with them, I now have a much better idea of where my
husband's Parris and Hutchins ancestors lived. To go with the street view
shots from google, all rather amazing from way down here in New Zealand!
However I cannot get all of their land holdings on the one small part of the
map for Offwell, and the map for Widworthy is so tiny so I can barely get
one field on each page.
What I am trying to do is to get a readable copy of the map that will show
where their land was, in relation to the entire parish, the church, etc.
Has anyone else obtained a tithe map of an entire parish, large enough to
read the field and house numbers? If so can you give me an idea of the cost
involved please.
I am guessing here that Devon Archives will have them?
Many thanks again for your help.
Carolyn

This thread: