DEVON-L Archives

Archiver > DEVON > 2009-10 > 1256257260

From: Ray Hayes <>
Subject: [DEV] Amusing "third member of the family" in 1911 household inWorcestershire (family of Devon origin)
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 11:21:00 +1100

Hi all,

Today I have been checking some Delve families in the 1911 census, and
came across a very interesting family member in one household.

I looked at the bottom of the page of Arthur John and Elizabeth Ann
Delve, he clearly valued his dog, as he has listed;

"Biddy" faithful Irish Terrier Bitch, Magnificent Watch, a demon on Cats
and Vermin, Age 11 years

RG14PN17982 RG78PN1094 RD383 SD4 ED40 SN278

172 Windmill Lane Smethwick

Interestingly, the transcription does not include Biddy :)

(Arthur's father John Folland Deacon was born in Devon in 1829, but by
1858 he was in Cirencester, Gloucestershire where he married and where
his children were born)

This thread: