DEVON-L Archives

Archiver > DEVON > 2009-10 > 1256257260

From: Ray Hayes <>
Subject: [DEV] Amusing "third member of the family" in 1911 household inWorcestershire (family of Devon origin)
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 11:21:00 +1100

Hi all,

Today I have been checking some Delve families in the 1911 census, and
came across a very interesting family member in one household.

I looked at the bottom of the page of Arthur John and Elizabeth Ann
Delve, he clearly valued his dog, as he has listed;

"Biddy" faithful Irish Terrier Bitch, Magnificent Watch, a demon on Cats
and Vermin, Age 11 years

RG14PN17982 RG78PN1094 RD383 SD4 ED40 SN278

172 Windmill Lane Smethwick

Interestingly, the transcription does not include Biddy :)

Ray

(Arthur's father John Folland Deacon was born in Devon in 1829, but by
1858 he was in Cirencester, Gloucestershire where he married and where
his children were born)

This thread: