DEVON-L Archives

Archiver > DEVON > 2009-05 > 1241585459

From: Katherine McLeod <>
Subject: Re: [DEV] Alumni Lists for Oxford & Cambridge
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 14:50:59 +1000

Hi Pam,

Both alumni lists are available on Ancestry, but I can't see him listed in
either, by searching for John Bea* and several other surname beginnings
(Beo*, Bee*, Bup*, Beu* etc) and also checking first name Johannes.

Also can't see him in the Clergy Database (

If you don't have an Ancestry subscription, you should still be able to
experiment searching with other name variants to see if you can identify a
likely entry. What was the source of the note you found?

2009/5/6 PMR <>

> I have just seen a note that Sir John BEAUPUL (or a variant
> spelling) was Rector of Marwood in Devon in 1520.
> As he would have had to have 'read Theology' somewhere, it would
> have been, I think, at either Oxford or Cambridge.

This thread: