DEVON-L Archives

Archiver > DEVON > 2009-04 > 1238578187

From: Anne Peat <>
Subject: Re: [DEV] Reverend George James GOULD
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 10:29:47 +0100

Hi again Mary,

There is a George James Gould on the 1841 census at St George Nympton
Devon. He is living in the Parsonage and is a clergyman. The image is
extremely faint, so I cannot check the transcription, but George James
was not born in Devon. His wife (? ) Ann Harris Gould was ( though no
relationships are given and her age could be read as 55 - so she could
be his mother or a maiden aunt ) and so were the children. No Edward
though. Remember ages are not exact. Adults rounded down to the
nearest 5 years

1841 England Census
about George James Gould
Name: George James Gould
Age: 35
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1806
Gender: Male

Civil Parish: St George Nympton
Hundred: South Molton
County/Island: Devon
Country: England

Street address: Parsonage

Occupation: Clergyman

Registration district: South Molton
Sub registration district: Chulmleigh

Household Members:
Name Age
George James Gould 35
Ann Harris Gould 35
Eliza Gould 3
Ann Gould 2
Fanny Gould 4 Mo
Mary Ann Bartlett 40
Ann Taylor 20
Elizabeth Ellis 20

Source Citation: Class: HO107; Piece 236; Book: 1; Civil Parish: St
George Nympton; County: Devon; Enumeration District: 10; Folio: 4;
Page: 2; Line: 15