DEVON-L Archives

Archiver > DEVON > 2009-01 > 1232514823

From: "Nancy Frey" <>
Subject: Re: [DEV] marriage problem
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 00:13:43 -0500

Hi Sue,

The FreeBMD is only a guide to give you the reference numbers so that you
can order certificates from the GRO. You should also check the Parish
Registers for the places that these marriages might have taken place. Then,
if you can't decide which marriages is the right one, the only alternative
is to order both from the GRO and see which one is right. There will be
more information on the GRO Certificate than is transcribed in FreeBMD.

You can order Certificates from the GRO online at
http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/ and charge it to a credit
card.

Regards,

Nancy Frey
Newcastle, Ontario, CANADA
OPC for Ansford & Castle Cary, Somerset
Moderator of Yahoo! Catsash Group
Moderator of Yahoo! WestWiltshire Group
Moderator of Yahoo! FULFORD_North Devon Group
Moderator of Yahoo! DAVIDGE Connections Group