DEVON-L Archives

Archiver > DEVON > 2007-05 > 1179230123

From: Sue Stoneman <>
Subject: Re: [DEV] Trouble reading 1861 census
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 12:55:23 +0100 (BST)

Hi Donna

In the 1851 Census there are lots of Sprigmakers as this is Honiton Lace country. So could Mary 's husband have been one also.

Sue

Louise Reynolds <> wrote:
Hi Donna,

Sorry, have had a look...that's a hard one. The oblique character before
the 's' looks like the old character for a double 's' as in dressmaker above
it. However, what that makes the occupation I have no idea. Good luck.

Louise