DEVON-L Archives

Archiver > DEVON > 2006-10 > 1161259783

From: "Mark & Kerri Young" <>
Subject: [DEV] Plymouth query-more info
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 21:45:38 +0930

Hi all

A couple of people have asked if I have more information regarding dates etc for my Plymouth query.

Robert Fuge was born 31st Aug (or 1st Sept) 1822 & his sister Sarah Fuge born about 1820 in Plymouth.Their father was John Fuge,occupation Cabinet Maker. Sarah married Thomas Slocombe (a widower) on 31st Oct 1837 in East Stonehouse (have census details).

Robert Fuge married Elizabeth Taylor (daughter of George [occ;Sawyer]& Elizabeth) on 29 Dec 1851 at East Stonehouse and they came to South Australia in 1853.

Another sibling was Benjamin Luxmore Fuge baptised 27 Dec 1813,son of John Fuge (occ;Cabinet Maker) & his wife Sally,but died aged 2 years. Other possible siblings Sarah Fuge bapt 15 May 1806 & Sarah Fuge bapt 15 Nov 1807 both in Plymouth St Andrew,children of John (no occupation listed) & Sally.

I have searched Plymouth Charles,Plymouth St Andrew & East Stonehouse and was hoping someone may have some idea where I should be looking next for Robert & Sarah's baptism as on census Sarah is listed in census 1851-1881 born Plymouth.And Robert is said to be born in Plymouth.He was found in 1841 census aged 15 (not with parents) at Ersworthy,Sheepstor,Devon but not found in 1851 census.I dont know if Robert's mother was also Sally. Some have said that Sally is a nickname for Sarah.

Anyone have any ideas as to where to look next?

Thanks
Kerri

This thread: