DEVON-L Archives

Archiver > DEVON > 2006-08 > 1156351672

From: Margaret Heal <>
Subject: HEALS in PARKHAM
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 17:47:52 +0100

Thanks Nancy, Robert and Deborah for your suggestions. My problem is
this: in my tree is a Robert Heal b 1765 in Parkham who married a Grace
Heddon in 1800 in Buckland Brewer. They had 6 children we know of from
1801 to 1815, all except the first born in Parkham. The first was born
in Buckland Brewer.

A couple of weeks ago I was in Parkham and discovered a gravestone for
Grace, relict of the late Robert Heal of this parish, who departed this
life Mar 27th 1833 aged 77.

If this is the same Grace Heal, she would have been 59 when she had her
last child which doesn't sound very likely. If not then there seems to
have been another couple called Robert and Grace Heal in Parkham.

On Parkham genuki there is a transcription of Parkham burials 1813 -1871
in which there appears Grace Heal buried in Parkham on 3.4.1853 having
died at Barnstaple at the age of 78! The only other Grace Heal is a
girl of 9.

I really need to have a look at the parish records to see if this could
have been a transcription error or whether there is actually another
Robert/Grace partnership. Does anybody have access to Parkham records
as I live at too great a distance to see them myself?

Margaret Heal

--
Margaret Heal