DEVON-L Archives

Archiver > DEVON > 2006-06 > 1150847965

From: "Julie Fletcher" <>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 07:59:25 +0800

Thanks to everyone who replied to my query after posting my family names,
particularly Paul Harding who I will reply to separately. Many thanks to
those who have offered help with records. I'll endeavour to reply to each
individually unless the information I have on file is of interest to others
who may be able to contribute.

I have fairly extensive records for the COLYTON ANNING family for 5
generations to the late 1800's, descendants of WILLIAM ANNING b. 1750 m.
JANE NYASS. However, as much of the information has been taken from Colyton
Parish Records, Census and IGI, I can't vouch for the accuracy except to say
that it is has been carefully researched. My ANNING ancestral line from 1750
to MUSBURY (including Kilmington, Stockland etc) & DALWOOD starting c.1550
was researched for me by a volunteer from Colyton Historical Society. I have
endeavoured to 'flesh it out' by collaborating with other ANNNG researchers
(some Willls information), other family trees ie. CHAPPLE, Dalwood and
through historical information, without the benefit of being able to access
UK records.

I also have other ANNING family trees from other researchers and I'm happy
to pass on any information which may be of help.

On the maternal side I have an extensive (to c.1666) TURL family tree for
AMY TURL(E) b. 1792 Colyton, (parents JOHN TURL(E) b.1762 and MARY STEVENS
b. 1761) who married HERMON WILLIAM ANNING, Colyton my 3xgreat grandfather.

Hopefully I'll have time over the weekend to update my gedcom files and
generate a report for those who are interested.

Julie Anning Fletcher
Western Australia

Full Transcripton available for 'Dalwood - A Short History of an East Devon
Village' by G.M. Chapman ISBN 0 9508568
Currently Indexing for Genuki
'The River Runs By - A Childhood Remembered with This and That' by Jim Board
'Mary Anning - Family and Friends' by R M Lowton (some family information)
'Mary Anning of Lyme Regis' by Crispin Ticknell ISBN 0 9527662 0 5

Checked by AVG Free Edition.