DEVON-L Archives

Archiver > DEVON > 2006-02 > 1138993926

From: "Janet Dean" <>
Subject: WIDGER/WILLIAMS
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 19:12:06 -0000

Hello Listers

I contacted the list last month for help with Ellen Williams WIDGER (name given on marriage cert in 1864) - lots of useful info. - thank
you and I have contacted everyone separately.

Although there is an entry in 1881 for a William WIDGER b. Ipplepen (age 64) living with Sarah (wife) (age 57), I can't find a marriage? Previous info also gave a Florence WIDGER (sister in law) (b 1855) as a visitor on the 1871 census night with Ellen's family in Bermondsey.

Ellen's birth certificate gives her name as Ellen WILLIAMS with a mother Sarah Ann and born Ivybridge (Ermington) - but no father.

Checking the 1881 WILLIAMS family in South Stoneham, Hants, I find that Francis (Head) and Mary (unmarried sister) have the same parents as Sarah Ann(a) who are ROBERT WILLIAMS and SARAH. Florence is here with them in 1881 as niece.

Could SKS please look up any information on the WILLIAMS family particularly Ermington.

Francis Tozer WILLIAMS b. 1820
Mary Lang WILLIAMS b. 1817
Sarah Ann(a) WILLIAMS b. 1824 - mother of Ellen WILLIAMS

Parents?
Robert WILLIAMS married SARAH MARIA CADERWOOD in East Stonehouse in 1910, so there could be other WILLIAMS children between 1910 and 1917 - if I've got the right set of parents!!

Many thanks

Janet

Blackburn

This thread: