DEVON-L Archives

Archiver > DEVON > 2005-09 > 1127403200

From: "Terry Leaman" <>
Subject: Re: [DEV] Plymouth Charles
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 16:33:20 +0100

Sorry Paula, But Jean is correct, as the situation applies to DEVON, The LDS
do not have permission to film Devon parish registers, therefore the only
parish registers you will find on the IGI or on LDS film are those which
have previously been transcribed and published and it is the transcriptions
that have been filmed.
The situation is different with non conformist registers, those registers
deposited in the National Archives, I believe, have been filmed
Regards
Terry Leaman
Torquay
Devon.
OPC for Torquay and DFHS representative on Devon-L
Visit my web site at http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/terryleaman/index.html for
information and photos about Torquay
Joint Co-ordinator for DFHS/FreeCen 1861 Devon census transcription project-
go to http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/terryleaman/1861-web-site/main.htm for
details
Joint Co-ordinator for DFHS/FreeCen 1841 Devon census transcription project
Go to http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/terryleaman2/1841index.html