DEVON-L Archives

Archiver > DEVON > 2005-06 > 1119421493

From: Bernard Spaughton <>
Subject: Re: [DEV] Charles Greenslade
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 07:24:56 +0100

Hi Margaret & John,

First wife Mary (nee Bolt) died between 1861 & 1870 and Charles was
married again (Q1 1870 5b 701 South Molton reg dist) to Jane Tucker.
Charles is recorded with new wife Jane & son John in the 1871 census
(RG10/2177 Fo.83) at Bradford Lodge, Witheridge. In the 1881 census
(RG11/2239 Fo. 138), Jane is recorded at Witheridge as a widow boarder
with a William H Tucker & his family.

So your Charles must have died between 1871 & 1881. I agree that there
is no matching death in FreeBMD.

I hope this narrows down your search.

Regards,

Bernard Spaughton.

john leach wrote:

>Dear Listers,
>Please can anyone help? My GGGrandfather was Charles Greenslade. On his marriage certificate (to Mary Bolt in 1845 at Thelbridge) he was said to be 23 years of age. His so John was married in 1874 and widowed and then married again in1886. In neither case was Charles recorded as deceased. Maybe he is on the 1881 census or 1891. In the 1851 census I have him with 2 sons living at Thelbridge. I would like to find the year of his death, but details of several Charles G's from FreeBMD do not relate to him!
>Grateful for any help,
>Thanks,
>Margaret and John

This thread: