DEVON-L Archives

Archiver > DEVON > 2005-06 > 1118569270


From: "Terry Leaman" <>
Subject: Re: [DEV] New CD from the Devon Family History Society
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 10:42:15 +0100
References: <HHEIJHPABGAJFODOEBEOCEOGFPAA.kelleher@nex.net.au>


Hi Sandra, don't really understand what you're asking!
The CD contains indexes of baptisms (which show child name, parents name,
an address where shown and fathers occupation), marriages (which just show
bride & groom names) and burials (which shows name, age at burial, and notes
from the registers) All of course have the event date recorded.
This information is arranged by church and within that there is the choice
of searching by date or alphabetically. There are slight differences in the
date coverage per parish but ALL marriages are 1754 to 1837, all burials go
up to at least 1837 although the start date varies they all cover from
minimum 1813. Baptisms all cover the period 1813 to 1839
These indexes are compiled as a result of long, long, hours of work by
dedicated DFHS volunteers, and contain information extracted from parish
records.

Regards
Terry Leaman
Torquay
Devon.
OPC for Torquay and DFHS representative on Devon-L
Visit my web site at http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/terryleaman/index.html for
information and photos about Torquay
Joint Co-ordinator for DFHS/FreeCen 1861 Devon census transcription project-
go to http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/terryleaman/1861-web-site/main.htm for
details
Joint Co-ordinator for DFHS/FreeCen 1841 Devon census transcription project
Go to http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/terryleaman2/1841index.html

----- Original Message -----
From: "MSKelleher" <>
To: <>
Sent: Sunday, June 12, 2005 8:05 AM
Subject: FW: [DEV] New CD from the Devon Family History Society


>
>
> Hi
>
> Has anyone Looked at this CD?
> Does it contain all BDM in the Parishes stated?
>
> Regards Sandra
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Terry Leaman [mailto:]
> Sent: Sunday, 12 June 2005 9:17 AM
> To:
> Subject: [DEV] New CD from the Devon Family History Society
>
>
> Hi Folks , the Devon Family History Society has just released a new
Deanery
> CD-
> The Deanery of Barnstaple,
>
> BAPTISMS 1813-1839, MARRIAGES 1754-1837 AND BURIALS 1813-1837
> An index of baptisms (1813-1839), marriages (1754-1837) and burials
> (1813-1837) in the parishes of Atherington, Barnstaple, Bishops Tawton,
> Chittlehampton, Filleigh, Fremington, High Bickington, Horwood, Huntshaw,
> Instow, Landkey, Newton Tracey, Pilton, Swimbridge, Tawstock, Westleight
and
> Yarnscombe. With photographs of the churches and extracts from White's
> Directory (1850) and Lewis' Topographical Dictionary of England (1844).
>
> AND don't forget that there are also CDs issued for
>
> the Deanery of Tamerton
> BAPTISMS 1813-1839, MARRIAGES 1754-1837 AND BURIALS 1813-1837
> An index of baptisms (1813-1839), marriages (1754-1837) and burials
> (1813-1837) in Bere Ferrers, Bickleigh, Buckland Monachorum, Egg Buckland,
> Mary Tavy, Meavy, Peter Tavy, Sampford Spiney, Sheepstor, Tamerton Foliot,
> Walkhampton and Whitchurch. With photographs of the churches and an
extract
> from White's Directory of 1850
>
> And the Deanery of the Three Towns
> BAPTISMS 1813-1839, MARRIAGES 1754-1837 AND BURIALS 1813-1837
> An index of baptisms (1813-1839), marriages (1754-1837) and burials
> (1813-1837) in the parishes of East Stonehouse, PennyCross, Plymouth
> Charles, Plymouth St. Andrew, St. Budeaux and Stoke Damerel. With
> photographs of the churches and extracts from White's Directory (1850) and
> Lewis' Topographical Dictionary of England (1844).
>
> Plus the 2 Plymouth Marriage CDs
>
>
> PLYMOUTH MARRIAGE INDEX CD - VOLUME 1 - POST 1837
> An index of brides and grooms taken from the post-1837 Plymouth Church of
> England marriage registers held in the Plymouth and West Devon Record
Office
>
> PLYMOUTH MARRIAGE INDEX CD - VOLUME 2 - POST 1837
> An index of brides and grooms taken from the post-1837 Plymouth Church of
> England and Non-Conformist marriage registers held in the Plymouth and
West
> Devon Record Office
>
> FULL DETAILS can be found on the Society web site at
> http://www.devonfhs.org.uk/publications.htm#CD
>
> Regards
> Terry Leaman
> Torquay
> Devon.
> OPC for Torquay and DFHS representative on Devon-L
> Visit my web site at http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/terryleaman/index.html for
> information and photos about Torquay
> Joint Co-ordinator for DFHS/FreeCen 1861 Devon census transcription
project-
> go to http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/terryleaman/1861-web-site/main.htm for
> details
> Joint Co-ordinator for DFHS/FreeCen 1841 Devon census transcription
project
> Go to http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/terryleaman2/1841index.html
>
>
> ==== DEVON Mailing List ====
> The DEVON-L mailing list is co-sponsored by GENUKI/Devon
> ( http://genuki.cs.ncl.ac.uk/DEV/ )
> and
> the Devon FHS ( http://www.devonfhs.org.uk/ )
>
>
> ==== DEVON Mailing List ====
> The DEVON-L mailing list is co-sponsored by GENUKI/Devon
> ( http://genuki.cs.ncl.ac.uk/DEV/ )
> and
> the Devon FHS ( http://www.devonfhs.org.uk/ )
>
>


This thread: