DEVON-L Archives

Archiver > DEVON > 2005-03 > 1110492757

From: DENISE GUENTHER <>
Subject: Emmanuel James Harvey
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 14:12:37 -0800 (PST)

March 10, 2005

Hello Listers:

I am new to the list and have been reading all the wonderful advice you have been dispensing.

There are two main questions I have that are general ones and they are:

1. How does the Devon government record office work once it reopens for business on March 14 regarding ordering information from parish records?

2. What other links on the web do other people use besides Ancestry.com and 18370nline.com to find information?

Anyways, I have been trying in vain for the last several months to find the following information on my great great grandfather so I can order his marriage certificate and birth certificate.

This is what information I have thus far:

Emmanuel James Harvey
born 1829 Blackawton, Devon, England
died 8 October 1900 16 Ashleigh Terrace, Paignton, Upper Devon, England

Wife: Susan Kelland Foghill(?)
born 1830 Slapton, Devon, England
died 27, March 1897 131 Westbourne Cottage, Dartmouth, Upper Devon, England

The earliest census I have been able to find has been the 1871 census which list them with the children that have been born thus far.

I would appreciate anyone who could find the time and patience to assist me with these questions. It is a little frustrating living so far--deep in the heart of Texas and not being able to find answers that I have been searching for a long, long time.

Thanks for all the help.

Denise L. Guenther

This thread: