DEVON-L Archives

Archiver > DEVON > 2004-07 > 1090782686

From: "NorthDevonRendle" <>
Subject: RE: [DEV] Archibald Moyes(se)
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 20:11:29 +0100

Lorraine,

On the LDS transcription of the 1881 census you can find Archibald aged 8
living with his parents (father from Landulph so possibly a relation):

James MOYES, Head, M, Male, 49, Landulph, Cornwall, England, Storehouse
Labourer (Hosp)
Mary J. MOYES, Wife, M, Female, 50, Devonport, Devon, England, Dressmaker
Edwd.J. JENNINGS, Stepson, U, Male, 26, Plymouth, Devon, England, Seaman R N
Alfred J. MOYES, Son, U, Male, 17, Stonehouse, Devon, England, Butcher
Ellen MOYES, Daughter, U, Female, 14, Stonehouse, Devon, England, Scholar
Ernest A. MOYES, Son, U, Male, 12, Stonehouse, Devon, England, Scholar
Frederick S. MOYES, Son, U, Male, 9, Stonehouse, Devon, England, Scholar
Archibald J. MOYES, Son, U, Male, 8, Stonehouse, Devon, England, Scholar
Arthur H. MOYES, Son, U, Male, 3, Stonehouse, Devon, England, Scholar
Source Information:
Institution "Royal Naval Hospital" East Stonehouse (Plymouth
Census Place East Stonehouse, Devon, England
RG11/2205/77/29

He's also on the 1901 census, image available:

RG13/2109/157/40
29 Tavistock Road, Stoke Damerel
Archilbald MOYES, Head, Mar, 28, Butcher and Shopekeeper, Employer, At Home,
Devon Stonehouse
Mabel MOYES, Wife, Mar, 24, -, -, -, Devon Turnchapel
Charles STAit, Nephew, Single, 16, Butcher, Worker, -, Devon Devonport
John SCOBLE, Boarder, Single, 23, Butcher, Worker, -, America Canada
Rose RADFORD, Serv, Single, 22, Household Domestic, Worker, -, Devon
Crediton

Best regards.

Mike Rendle
Salisbury, Wiltshire, UK

> From: I S & H L Park [mailto:]
> anyone connected. Archibald Moyes could be a ??cousin. He was living in
> Plymouth 1910 or there abouts, so an uncle told me. FMD he married 1898
> in E Stonehouse. I don't know the parents names.

---