DEVON-L Archives

Archiver > DEVON > 2004-07 > 1090766426

From: "Pamela Willcocks" <>
Subject: Re: [DEV] Archibald Moyes(se) -N'LAND LINK?
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 11:40:49 -0300

Hi Lorraine -

I wish to share something curious with you - just in case it's your link.

In searching my Craster Northumberland MASONS, I came across a HENRY
ARCHIBALD/ARCHBOLD MOYES MASON b. 1868 in Craster. Scottish father JOHN
MASON moved around as a Customs officer if I recall.

However, his wife Elizabeth & sibs were shown born PLYMOUTH on 1871. In
1881, Eliz states born in Tamerton (4 miles SW. of Plymouth). She could be
a MOYES - but I had no luck in tracking down.

Even more curious is fact that the ARCHBOLD family proliferated the Craster
fishing village. Mere coincidence perhaps that father John was there for
his job with no ARCHBOLD/MASON family link.

HENRY A. MOYES MASON died age 31 in 1899 in Gateshead, Durham - so couldn't
trace forward to tie any loose ends.

Food for thought on your end re MOYES-PLYMOUTH connection. I have family
household info from 1871 should you wish me to send off list.

cheers,
pamela in Bermuda

This thread: